When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Devon and Cornwall Wedding when making any enquiries.
In a recent survey held by the alternative hen party planners, CLUCK, a whopping 86% of people have postponed or cancelled their hen party due to Covid-19, or knew somebody that had. Which means a massive backlog of hens gagging to celebrate when it's safe to do so. But as we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, what will the future of hen parties look like?
64% of people asked said that they wouldn't be comfortable flying abroad post-Covid, and with all the uncertainty around travel, we predict a rise in hen party staycations. With such good hen party experiences on your doorstep, there's no need to travel aboard and risk cancellations, unforeseen measures overseas, and the uncertainty of quarantine when returning. Additionally – the UK hospitality industry is in desperate need of our help to stay afloat, so whilst you're knocking back cocktail after cocktail, you're also doing a good deed and supporting UK venues. Cheers to that!
How to avoid the expensive pricetag whilst still throwing a super cool hen
When it comes to budget after the financial instability of the last few months, 54% of you don't think you'll be tightening the hen party purse strings as you are in the mood to P.A.R.T.Y after weeks of being stuck indoors. But the remaining 46% admitted you would be on a tighter budget after the s**t-show that is 2020 (which is totally understandable).
But fear not – you don't need expensive hen parties aboard to have a good time. Compared with people being unsure about flying, the vast majority of you were perfectly comfortable travelling to London. Avoid the hefty price tag that comes with an overseas hen party by considering locations closer to home. London is packed to the rafters with unique venues and stylish yet affordable hen party options to suit all budgets.
To make things even more manageable you could also look for options that offer staggered payments to spread out the cost.When you have all you need for the perfect hen party on your doorstep, why go anywhere else?
The best time to start re-planning your hen
So with all this uncertainty, when is a good time to start hen party planning again? CLUCK normally recommend 6 months ahead, to guarantee availability and minimise stress. But, given the current climate we would advise holding out until things a little clearer.January is always the busiest month for hen party bookings, and we're predicting Jan 2021 is going to be super-cray with all the additional postponed 2020 parties.
So Autumn 2020 would be a great time to get things booked in.... but it's never too early to drop us a line and see what we have up our sleeves. We'd love to hear from you!
Check out thisiscluck.com
Unlike a national magazine, Your Devon and Cornwall Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty,
hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales. Your Devon and Cornwall Wedding is available to download for free as a high quality eMagazine. Titles covering other areas are available here.