Plymouth-based wedding photographer Mike Lister unveils his top tips for booking a wedding photographer. Devon-based Mike speaks exclusively to Your Devon & Cornwall Wedding about the importance of capturing those little details and precious moments.
- How active is your chosen photographer on social media? For example, on Facebook, Instagram and blog posts? Most love to share their most recent work with others so this will give you an insight into their style of work. Look for complete real weddings, not just a few selects.
- Check out online reviews from previous customers. Your experience may differ but it’s a good start to find out what others are willing to say about them.
- Do they have any professional training or accreditation? Photography is a craft and someone with this shows that they have a passion for photography and that it isn’t just a job to them.
- Do you get on well with your photographer? They’re going to be with you all day so you need to make sure that they bond well with you both.
- Pick a photographer whose style you admire. If you love black and white images, then find someone that specialises in that.
- Do they have a plan B? This is vital incase there’s an issue with the equipment or the weather is bad.
- What’s their favourite part of any wedding? It’s really good to get to know your photographer because it’s such a personal day.
- Do they have any recommendations for other local suppliers that you may still be looking for? Wedding photographers meet plenty so they may know or be able to recommend good ones for you.
To find out more and book, visit www.mikelisterphotography.co.uk